Agile Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master
Time & Location
About the Event
When companies begin their Agile transformation, one of their first challenges is understanding the roles necessary to support the initiative; one of the most critical but often a new concept for many companies new to Agile delivery, is the role of the ‘Scrum Master’. The most frequently asked question is ‘What makes the Scrum Master role different from that of a Project Manager?’ The differences are important and, in our experience, understanding them is crucial to Agile success.
This two day workshop covers all the topics in the Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master Primer workshop but in greater detail. The workshop provides an in-depth introduction using practical exercises are case studies to get started in your career as an Agile Scrum Master within a relaxed and informal environment, without the impending pressure of having to pass a formal certification exam.
- Two day workshop
- No certification examination
- Informal workshop learning environment
- Practical exercises based on an eCommerce Business Case
How the workshop works
The Agile Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master workshop covers all the topics in the Agile Scrum as a Delivery Method workshop in more detail, combining powerpoint presentations and discussions to create an effective learning experience.
After the workshop, delegates will be able to understand:
- The concepts and benefits of Agile development
- Scrum team roles and responsibilities
- INVEST compliant and BDD formatted User Stories
- The Scrum approach to project delivery
- The Scrum Master's key role and responsibiliies
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Scrum artefacts
- Agile Ceremonies
- Scrum rules
- Agile reports
- Be able to communicate the ideals of Scrum to key stakeholders
The Agile Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master Workshop is for delegates with Agile experience.
No, previous Agile delivery experience is not a pre-requisite to attending the Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master Workshop, although it is assumed that delegates are in some way involved in software development using the Scrum framework including:
- Business & Development Managers
- User representatives and subject matter experts
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
Delegates have to sit a certification examination.
No! Delegates are provided access to the optional online Agile knowledge quiz which accompanies the Programme Delivery as a Scrum Master workshop.
The intention is to provide delegates with an idea of how much they know or do not know about Agile delivery prior to and after the workshop.
- Scrum process and sprints
- The significance of "Done"
- The five Scrum values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Overview of Scrum roles (Core & Ancillary)
- Scrum Master role and responsibilities
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Product Owner role and responsibilities
- Scrum team
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrums
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Product backlog
- Product increment and the definition of "Done"
- Sprint backlog
- Burndown charts
Risks and Challenges
Frequently Asked Questions
Agile Knowledge Quiz
Delegates will be required to take a certification exam
Primary workshop location
Regent Park, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PL
Other local office location
Workshops may be held in other UK locations depending on demand.
Own office location
Workshops may be held in your own office location depending on the number of delegates.