Sat, 19 Nov|
Agile Scrum as a Delivery Method - Essentials (CDP-ASE) Pilot
Time & Location
19 Nov 2022, 09:30 – 20 Nov 2022, 17:00
Venture House, 2 Arlington Square, Bracknell RG12 1WA, UK
About the course
Agile is not what you do, Agile is what you become!
As you begin your Agile journey, one of your first challenges will be understanding the rules and roles that support Agile delivery. This two-day Agile training course combines power-point presentations and informal discussions to introduce you to Agile Scrum as a Delivery Method without the impending pressure of having to pass a certification examination.
Designed by Agile coaches with specialist experience of working on GDS (Government Digital Service) Service Standards compliant government and public sector projects. Previous experience of Agile delivery is not a pre-requisite to attending this course, although it is assumed delegates have some understanding of Agile terms.
Recently certified by the CPD Certification Service, we have decided to trial and offer our Agile Scrum as a Delivery Method – Essentials course outside its usual government digital delivery setting.
This course, worth £1,350.00 is 100% free to the first 60 delegates to register their interest.
- Two-day Agile Classroom training course
- Course uses example eCommerce Business Case for context
- No certification examination requirements
- Optional Agile post-course quiz to help delegates gauge their level of attainment
- Optional certification examination (free CPD-ASE certification worth £399 upon successful completion)
- Online Retrospective feedback to enable continuous course improvements.
- Delegates will understand the concepts and benefits of Agile development,
- Scrum team roles and role accountabilities,
- INVEST compliant User Stories and BDD formatted Acceptance Criteria,
- Agile approach to incremental project delivery,
- Agile artefacts and Agile reports (burn-down & burn-up charts),
- Agile events and Scrum rules,
- Comparison: Agile methodologies (Lean, XP, SAFe & Scrum),
- Use of Kanban for workflow management, and;
- Be able to communicate the ideals of Agile to stakeholders.
- Agile Delivery 101
- Scrum process and sprints
- Applicability of Scrum
- Agile Manifesto
Scrum roles and accountabilities
- Overview of Scrum roles (Core & Ancillary)
- Scrum Master role and responsibilities
- Scrum Product Owner role and responsibilities
- Scrum team
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrums
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Product backlog definition
- Sprint backlog
- Burn-down and burn-up charts
- Working with multiple Scrum teams
- Working with distributed Scrum teams
Risks and challenges
- Risks and challenges of transitioning to Agile delivery
Frequently asked questions
- Discussion on frequently asked Agile questions
Agile knowledge quiz
- Examples of the multiple-choice questions in the optional online quiz
CPD-ASE Course Pilot£0.00